*****We've Moved! Please visit us at www.pinkcricut.com*****

Monday, September 28, 2009

Southern Chicken Noodle Soup on a Cool Fall Day


I was in the mood for soup today, and my family was a little spoiled--since, I was in the mood to cook and bake from scratch.  Or, at least I think they are spoiled--they would rather order pizza ;).

 I keep telling myself, they WILL appreciate this one day, when they go off to college!!  

However, since I was also trying to clean the carpeting in the house, watch 2 toddlers and a baby, and organize my spice cabinet--I decided that getting out the slow-cooker might be a good idea.  

It turned out to be a big hit with everyone-- DH, and kids both gobbled it up!  Well, maybe it's because they knew there would be no peach cobbler, if they didn't finish their soup!! 







Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces 
  • 8 cups of water
  • 4 T chicken bouillon 
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 2 t of celery seed *because I didn't have celery 
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon  basil
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 6-8 ounces noodles

Preparation:

Place all ingredients except noodles in the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones, dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles. Cook another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on high). Or, cook the noodles separately and add them just before serving.

So, don't wait 'til you're sick to make this yummy soup- Take advantage of the cool weather, and warm up with a bowl of old-fashioned goodness!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Grab my Button!

BWS tips button

Share with your Friends

Share/Bookmark