*****We've Moved! Please visit us at www.pinkcricut.com*****

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I love you a LATTE

Oh, how I have come to love coffee-- I am not addicted, I do not rely on it to keep me going-- but it sure does taste yummy and give me an extra little spring in my step.

I was so excited when my sweetie, wanted an espresso machine for Christmas, since he drinks straight espresso.  I did what I do best, and I researched the heck out of the espresso machines, because you know they can range from a Wal-mart model for $30 to upwards of $3000.  I was willing to spend more than $30, but definitely not willing to spend 3 grand.

I learned that the most important thing I needed to look for in a machine that would make it seem more like the pricier models was the pump- The walmart models only operate by the steam, and there is no pump--(okay, I am not mechanically inclined, so if this doesn't quite make sense--just pretend that it does).  Anyway, I found a model that was rated highly by Cooks Illustrated and at Coffeegeek.com, which also had some good reviews at Amazon.com-- and it was on sale for under $100.  Sounded good to me, so I got the hubby's wallet, and ordered it ;).

He loved it, He loves it-- and guess what?!  So, do I!  I have gottten some amazing lattes made for me, and my own private lessons on how to make the same killer lattes for myself while he is at work.  I know exactly what is going into it, and how many calories are in every cup.  It is quick and easy-- and gives me a Starbucks worthy drink within minutes for pennies.

I use 2 pumps of Starbucks Caramel or Vanilla syrup, nonfat milk, espresso or french roast Starbucks coffee beans, and sometimes a swirl of caramel on top.  I take between 2-4 shots of espresso per cup, because that is not the calorie part of the drink.  I figure at least this way, I am finally drinking milk--which I NEVER do.

To make my coffee even sweeter, I have the perfect cups to drink them from-- ( My mom got me a double layered starbucks cup with straw for cold drinks ((which btw, are selling for 36-75 on ebay right now?!?--)) and Kyle got me a PEACE, LOVE & COFFEE cup for my hot drinks ((which are the 3 things I want in my house at all times))  I am the luckiest girl alive ;)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Grab my Button!

BWS tips button

Share with your Friends

Share/Bookmark