*****We've Moved! Please visit us at www.pinkcricut.com*****

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Potato Soup

I guess in December, I took advantage of 99cent bags of potatoes one too many times--because my pantry was overflowing with taters.  Since, I also had some cooked ham- I decided to throw together a simple potato soup.  However, I thought the taste was anything but simple-- since, I didn't write the recipe down as I went- I will try my best to remember exactly went into the potato soup, I can't stop eating!


8-10 small to medium sized potatoes cut in to small chunks
1/2 large white onion
1 clove of garlic diced
2 cups of diced ham
1 can of evaporated milk
4-6 cups of water
2 tsp chicken bouillon (penzey's)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tb freeze dried chives
1 tsp paprika
3 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled


Throw all into a crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours.  May need to add spices to taste--since I didn't really measure--I am only estimating the amounts


Top with cheese and serve with fresh bread.  Yummy

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Grab my Button!

BWS tips button

Share with your Friends

Share/Bookmark